Obtaining Residence Permit in Vietnam
Updated on Tuesday 10th April 2018
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
Foreign citizens who intend to reside in the country for a prolonged period of time must obtain a permanent residence permit in Vietnam. As follows, our company formation consultants in Vietnam present several aspects related to obtaining this permit here.
Who qualifies for the permanent residence card in Vietnam?
Foreign citizens who have already obtained the temporary residence card are granted the permanent residence permit in Vietnam if:
• They are parents, spouses or the children of local citizens who permanently live in the country;
• They prove they fight for the freedom and independence of the Vietnamese society, for socialism, for democracy, for peace and for science;
• They bring distinguished services which contribute to the consolidation and the protection of the Vietnamese state;
• Other conditions: our Vietnam company formation agents can offer more details on what these other conditions consist of. We can also help entrepreneurs who intend to set up a company in Vietnam.
Application procedure for the permanent residence permit in Vietnam
The procedure listed below applies for individuals who want to obtain the residence permit in Vietnam and are parents, spouses or children of locals who live permanently in the country.
The required documents for obtaining this type of permit are:
• An application for the permanent residence status;
• Four recent pictures;
• A biography certified by the appropriate authorities in the applicant’s country of origin or in the country where he or she resides;
• A diplomatic note from the appropriate officer from the applicant’s country of origin stating his or her acceptance for the applicant to become a permanent resident;
• A guarantee form which is certified by the Ward of Commune people’s committee, as well as the applicant’s ID copy and household registration;
• Other documents: our Vietnam company registration advisors can provide more details on what these other documents consist of.
If you need to learn more about the permanent residence permit in Vietnam, or for assistance to open a company in Vietnam, please get in touch with our friendly staff.